Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Blowing Rock


W and I planned on having a sweet sunset dinner Friday night as soon as we got to the mountains but good ole traffic changed things up a bit. We arrived well after dark exhausted and decided to get some rest and wait until Sunrise for me the experience the view.

So worth it.

 The crisp mountain air was absolutely intoxicating and I couldn't help but be sad leaving yesterday afternoon.  There is something about the Blue Ridge mountains that get down into my soul. The sounds and smells bring peace and an immediate stillness to life.

Wellspring Farm was so much more than I could have imagined.  
Will and I had an amazing weekend filled with sweet hikes, tons of fishing, and good belly laughs.

Gus was just as happy to be there too!
We went to see my girl Elle and her fabulous boyfriend at Music on the Mountain Top Saturday afternoon.
 Then did some fly fishing.
Grandfather Mountain was absolutely amazing.
Sunday afternoon W's mom and grandfather arrived.
We had an amazing dinner with them and headed to Toe River early Monday morning for a last fly fishing adventure. 
Started out a little muddy...

Sweet memories were made and I can not wait to go back!


Missing the cool mountain morning but getting started on some fun CRC projects today! Stay tuned.
xo,
Photobucket

2 comments: