Tuesday, February 15, 2011

magnolias

There is only one thing better than a Julia Roberts movie.... and that is a Julia Roberts movie about southern women. Steel Magnolias is what I envision as all Southern towns being like; the accents, the gossip, the beauty parlor, and the big hair. We still have all of those qualities here in Alabama, but it is just not as redneck glamour as it used to be!

Truvy: What are your colors, Shelby?
Shelby: My colors are "blush" and "bashful."
M'Lynn: Her colors are "pink" and "pink."
Shelby: My colors and "blush" and "bashful" Mama!!
M'Lynn: How pretentious is this weddin' gonna get, I ask you?

  

Clairee: Well, you know what they say: if you don't have anything nice to say about anybody, come sit by me! 

Truvy:  Oh, Sammy's so confused he don't know whether to scratch his watch or wind his 
butt.




M'Lynn: Oh Ouiser, Drum would NEVER point a gun at a lady! 
Ouiser: Oh! He's a real gentleman! I bet he takes the dishes out of the sink before he PEES in it!



Drum: Ouiser, can we call a truce long enough for me to get a piece of cake? [Ouiser slices him the tail piece of an armadillo cake


Drum: Aww, thanks Ouiser. Nothin' like a good piece of ass


















Truvy: Honey, time marches on and eventually you realize it is marchin' across your face.


Truvy: In a good shoe, I wear a size six, but a seven feels so good, I buy a size eight.


Annelle: Miss Truvy, I promise that my personal tragedy will not interfere with my ability to do good hair.


Clairee Belcher: The older you get, the sillier you get.
 Ouiser Boudreaux: Yeah, well the older you get, the uglier you get.




So fun! I could go on for days. These characters are the women I think of while making my CRC work. Nothing quite like Steel Magnolias southern women! (AND who could forget that awful groom's cake??)


xo
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment