Thursday, October 11, 2012

Mocha Latte

Hello my dear friends!!
It is a beautiful Thursday and I have a beautiful treat for you!!
My girl Nikki is going to be contributing on the ole blog every now and then and today is the first day.

This gorgeous Dietitian is going to be sharing some of her favorite recipes, workouts, encouragement and who knows what other gems she has up her sleeve.
Every time we are together she teaches me something new and I thought you might want to know as well.
Awesome right??


Knit Together in Love

"But holding to the truth, we may grow up into Him in all things.. being joined together  and being knit together in love..."


I have to announce that I am beyond excited to post on Caroline's blog! A lifelong confidant, "sister," and best friend; she has been an amazing blessing to me and my family, to say the very least! 

How special is it to have such a friend, a loved one, or just people in our lives to love,  to be loved, and to share all things with; including those ups, the downs and even the in-betweens. :) 
You know who I'm talking about!

 The people who encourage us in the Lord,  those who are there in the good times, and are patient with us through the hard times; not to mention the ones you can just have those fun and crazy memories with!
These are priceless blessings.


 I 've heard this referred to before as our "walking sticks."  Those that we have somehow come to "walk through life with" and to grow, or to be "knit,"  together in love along the way.



In thinking of these, I  quickly go to the thought of a good cup of coffee, a cozy place, and a great story that makes you laugh till your belly hurts!
Over the years, I know C and I have shared many of these times together.


So in thanks to  Caroline and her encouragement, I wanted to share with you...


As a Dietitian, and lover of healthy food, I am always looking for healthy "substitutes" for those guilty pleasure items that may wreck our diets and our overall  health. 

 I think this one is a winner! A great alternative to the ever popular  "Mocha Late" or one of my past favorites the "White Chocolate Mocha" (that is until I found out how much "junk" is in just one small serving of those bad boys!) 

Although I can't help but have "the real thing" every once in while; this recipe lets me enjoy one of my favorites more often. Try it! Maybe you can share silly stories and a good laugh over this coffee with your "walking stick." 







Honestly,  I was nervous when C first asked me to write this.  As I have always awed at  Caroline's creative ability, she has always encouraged me in my loves and pursuits as well. Which is why I am excited to share this with you! 


Thanks for stopping to read this. May you have a great weekend!  

Blessings,

Nikki C



Maple Mocha

 Recipe from 100 Days of Real Food

Ingredients:
  • ½ teaspoon unsweetened cocoa (this recipe will work with regular cocoa, but I think it is much better with the pictured “special dark” variety…which most stores carry)
  • 1 teaspoon 100% pure maple syrup (you could use honey instead if you like)
  • 1 shot of espresso (or I use 1 cup of strongly brewed coffee)
  • ¾ cup of milk ( I like to use vanilla almond milk, but your free to use whatever kind of milk you like)

Directions:
  1. Measure 3/4 cup milk into a glass measuring cup and heat it in the microwave for 2 minutes. If you want to get fancy you can use the frothing attachment on your espresso maker to heat the milk, but I personally think that makes way too much of a mess for the small added benefit of foam.
  2. While the milk is heating up, stir together the cocoa and maple syrup
  3. Pour the hot espresso and milk into the chocolate mixture…and voila! You have a “mocha”
Yield: 1 serving

Serve hot and Enjoy!



I know right??
She is a keeper to say the least!
So excited to see what Nikki has to share with us as her heart is one in a million.

I am about to jump in the car and head to Kentucky with my W man for his brother's wedding. We are super excited to love on this couple and share in their fabulous day as well as get in a little horse racing. Don't worry, the camera is charged. 

In the excitement of the wedding weekend I just decided to get a little spray tan. It doesn't happen often but when I do get one (like twice...) I always get a light. Well, home girl at the desk surprised me after the fact with the knowledge that I just got a medium. This could get bad... I might be a pumpkin for this little October wedding. 

Will let you guys know when I return...
XO
Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment