Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Vessel of Beauty


My girl Laura sent me these sweet words this morning. 
I loved it so much that I thought you might need these words as well.

A Vessel of Beauty

Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand.
Jeremiah 18:6, NIV

The old clay pot was cracked, shattered, and broken. So the man took it to the Potter, Who broke it down even further, moistening the clay with water, making it soft and pliable before He put it on His wheel. Then He began to remake it into a vessel pleasing to Himself. He firmly applied pressure on some areas, touched lightly on other areas, added more clay to a specific spot that needed filling, and removed clay that hindered and marred the shape He had in mind. As He turned the wheel, His loving, gentle hands never left the clay as He molded and made it after His will.
Finally, the Potter was finished. He took what had once been a broken clay pot off the wheel, but now it was unrecognizable. It had been transformed into a vessel of beauty. The Potter put it in His showcase that others might see the revelation of His glory in the work that He does.
God is the Potter. You are His clay. How pliable are you to the soft, firm pressure of His touch?

Blessings,
sc-signature
Anne Graham Lotz


Man oh man am I that broken vessel. 
Not always as pliable as I should be!

Lately I have found myself getting caught up focusing more on pleasing people and how they perceive me than focusing on what God wants of me and pleasing him. It is so tough moving my life and finding my place in Raleigh! God has been reminding me (over and over again) that he has me here for a reason and has put certain people in my life for certain reasons .... some for good and others to teach me things.
I read this passage this morning and it totally spoke to me:

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
Galatians 6:9

Thank you Lord for bringing me here and loving me so much as to mold and make me!
Hope this blessed you as much as it did for me.
xo, 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment